I am a young adult based out of Bangalore, India. I have a keen interest in the natural world, and hope to work towards its preservation.
I am an avid reader, exploring books across genres.
- Certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver since 2016.
- Volunteer at Kalinga Centre for Rainforest Ecology(KCRE), Agumbe Karnataka during a King Cobra Filming project.
- Volunteered for 2 weeks with HNF at MM Hills Wildlife Sanctuary for their Long-Term Leopard Monitoring project.
- Interned with Junglescapes, documenting the Lantana removal and forest restoration and Bandipur Tiger Reserve, Karnataka.
- Part of school delegation to BNHS Bird Migration Study Centre at Point Calimere, Tamil Nadu.
- Attended “Wildlife Camera Trapping for Estimating Populations” Field techniques workshop conducted by Dr Sanjay Gubbi and HNF at Kalinga Centre for Rainforest Ecology(KCRE), Agumbe Karnataka.
- Documented the construction of an Artificial Glacier in Ladakh, India.
- Taught English to class 1 & 2 students of Rural Education Centre(REC) attached to Rishi Valley School, Andhra Pradesh.
- Trekked to Chandrashila peak(13,000 ft) in Uttarakhand and Chandarkhani peak(14,500 ft) in Himachal Pradesh.
- Visited and interacted with leprosy patients in Community Rehabilitation Programme in Anandawan, Warora Maharashtra.
- Visited and analysed the working of rural schools in Majuli, Assam set up by Aayang, an NGO working rural education in North-East India.
- Attended ERDS ‘’Nature Conversation Warriors’’ online Workshop.
- Did “Ecology and Wildlife Conservation” online course from the University of Leeds through Coursera.
- Did ‘Getting started with Essay Writing’ course offered by University of California, Irvine through Coursera.
- Did ‘Grammar and Punctuation’ course offered by University of California, Irvine through Coursera.
Skills and Interest
Writing (2020 – present)
Art (2015 – present)
Art, in various forms, is how I express emotions that words can’t convey. I dabble in multiple formats—sculpture, sketching, painting and woodwork.
Photography (2016 – present)
Piano (2020 – present)
Mostly self-taught, I lose myself playing the piano, its melodies being incredibly therapeutic for me. My tastes range from western classical to Japanese compositions.
- Member of School Photography Club.
- Member of School Library, Newsletter and Fieldwork Committee.
- Member of School Bird Watching Club.
- Played the lead role of Mortimer in Class 11 Production of ‘Arsenic and Old Lace’ at Rishi Valley School.
- Played role of Lord Adrian in Class 11 Production of ‘Macbeth’ and was part of backstage crew at Rishi Valley School.
- Part of set design team for Class 11 Production of ‘Macbeth’ at Rishi Valley School.
(2021 – Present)